Terms & Conditions
1. This price list dated 1st May 2015 supersedes all previous price lists. Offers prior to that date are no longer valid. Any changes to Midtec standard prices, terms & conditions must be specifically agreed in writing or e-mail by a Midtec Director for the time being unless made by Midtec Special Offer. All prices exclude vat which will be chargeable at the prevailing at the time of supply.
2. Delivery dates are as agreed at the time of order. Midtec will in general use its best endeavours to ship an order between one and five working days from receipt of the same.
3. Goods are shipped on a standard next day delivery to most the UK with carriage paid loads for orders in excess of £250 plus vat, a carriage charge of £15 plus vat will apply for deliveries below that level.. Higher charges may apply to deliveries to Ireland; the Channel Isles; Scottish Highlands & Islands; the Isle of Wight and the Isle of Man. Midtec reserves the right to split a single order into multiple shipments where appropriate.
4. All goods leave our factory in perfect condition any damage or shortages must be notified to us in writing within 24 hours of delivery. Midtec reserves the right to refuse any later claim.
5. Any shortages or damage to outer packaging must be noted when signing for delivery or otherwise we will have no claim against the carriers and reserve the right to refuse any claim for damage or loss in transit.
6. Goods supplied by Midtec Products Limited shall remain the property of Midtec until they are paid for in full by the customer. Midtec reserves the right to enter the customer’s premises to recover goods that have not been paid for and the customer shall remain liable for any damages in breach of contract.
7. Payment terms are as stated on Midtec invoices or order acknowledgements or as otherwise agreed in writing by Midtec and may be subject to special terms for groups such as Unimer members. Midtec reserves the right to apply The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 in respect of breach of settlement terms.
8. In addition to any statutory rights that a purchaser may have, on certain products, Midtec will refund the full purchase price or offer an alternative free of charge if, having been installed correctly, the product has not solved the problem for which it was designed to solve. This offer subject to return of the product in good condition with a reasonable space of time. Products to which the money back guarantee applies are clearly marked MBG.
9. Our standard payment terms are 30 days nett monthly for credit customers. In the event of non-payment of invoices within those terms Midtec may at its sole discretion withdraw any discounts and re-invoice any special offers at standard prices within this price list and the customer shall pay the revised amount.
10. An order placed for a ‘special’ once accepted by Midtec cannot be cancelled as this will be manufactured specifically to customer requirements. Whilst we will use our best endeavours to deliver a sound product, no warranty as to suitability or performance can be given for a ‘special’ and therefore ordered at the customer’s own risk.
11. Except in the case of personal injury as required by law, Midtec cannot be responsible for any consequential losses arising from the supply of its products. Products leave our factory in perfect condition and are then in the hands of transport companies, installers and end users. If not compulsory by law, we commend that installation of our products is carried by a suitably competent person being a member of organisations such as Gas Safe Fitters; The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps; NACS; HETAS or other such appropriate organisations. Woodburner installations must be signed off by the local building inspector if not installed or approved by a HETAS fitter.